May 28, 2015

Where to find the time....

Where to find the time....I'm actually writing this post using the voice to text option on my phone while I feed my daughter.... multitasking at its finest right?
I know I've said this before, but man is motherhood hard! Just when I think I've got it all figured out, something else goes and changes. 

To recap, the month of May SUCKED. Big time. My entire house was sick with the nastiest cold I've ever had, and after almost 3 weeks, we finally all got antibiotics and are starting to see light at the end of the tunnel.

Clara didn't handle this cold well at night...literally waking up every 30-45 minutes sometimes, so you can imagine how well I've been sleeping. I've been in survival mode all month...I haven't grocery shopped or meal prepped in weeks because I honestly just haven't had the energy.

If I'm being honest with myself, I never thought I'd be here....4 (almost 5) months postpartum with still about 30 pounds of baby weight to lose. I thought I'd be able to get my act together faster, but knowing what I know now, I obviously have to adjust my expectations.

I'm going to do what I can, when I can. I'm going to work out, but I'm not going to give up completely when I oversleep after a rough night.  I'm going to make better food choices, even if they are convenience foods, there are still better choices available than some. With the 4th of July just around the corner, I think it's a good milestone date to shoot for - this also coincides with our 6 month milestone!  So...hopefully I can say at 6 months postpartum, I'm that much closer to my pre-pregnancy weight.  It might take me a year to get there, but I WILL get back to where I was, my health is important to me and my family, and I know it will make me a better mother.

I'm thinking of hosting another accountability group, starting Monday June 8th, that will run for 4 weeks so coincide with my July 4th goal - I'm happy to have you participate, the only catch is that I have to be your coach, and you have to be following any one of the beachbody programs, or even just using shakeology daily.  I could use a little (BIG) kick in the pants, and these groups always motivate me, so if you want to join me drop me an email! babewithababy@gmail.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Leave me a note and tell me what you think! :)

Recent Posts