Jan 28, 2015

Survival Mode

So...I'm thoroughly convinced that the whole reason that you need to wait to be medically cleared before starting back exercising after a baby has nothing to do with your physical healing process and everything to do with lack of sleep!

If I'm being completely honest, I'm in survival mode right now.  I thought I'd be ready to get right back to healthy eating and exercise, but this lack of sleep thing is throwing a big wrench in my plans, and it's all I can do to throw something from the freezer into the microwave for a quick and easy dinner....forget meal planning right now! Every time I say "tomorrow I'll get back at it", I have a rough night with the baby and barely get any sleep, so I give myself another day of promises to start back tomorrow.  

The truth is, I think I'm being a little hard on myself - I have a newborn at home, and I've never done this parenting thing before.  Throw in the fact that C isn't a good eater, and we've been struggling with breastfeeding (another story for another day), and, well, frankly...I'm exhausted! I have my postpartum check-up in a few weeks, so I won't be cleared for exercise until then, but until I start getting a little more sleep I don't think I'll be doing much meal planning either.  Survival mode.  It's not the end of the world, it's a few weeks, and I know how to get back to things when it's time, so for now...well for now I'm going to take a nap :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Leave me a note and tell me what you think! :)

Recent Posts