Jul 16, 2014

Struggle, failure, and success

Today I want to talk a bit about struggle…I've seen a lot of buzz in some of the online groups I’m in lately about the fact that there’s a lot of people struggling, but more so that they feel like they’re alone in that struggle.  I’m here to tell you that you are NOT alone in that category.

I've done my best to try to keep this blog as open and honest as possible, and for those of you reading that have been with me for a while, you know that my progress has never been totally linear.


The truth is, we ALL struggle.  In fact, if you show me someone who claims they NEVER struggle, I’ll show you someone who’s not being honest about their journey.

It’s totally normal for you to have moments of weakness, days, even months where you just can’t seem to get your head in the game.  The difference here between success and failure is how you decide to look at this struggle.

Adversity IS your advantage.  Just like with weight lifting, where stress and strain actually make your muscle grow, the same can be said about your personal health and fitness journey.  If you never experience failure, you won’t know the joy of success.

There is no quick fix; success is EARNED one day at a time.  Decide every day, every choice you make, whether you are going to contribute to your goals, or give in and accept that one bad choice will not make or break you.

Like I mentioned yesterday, small changes DO add up.  Success is a result of small (seemingly insignificant) choices you make today that can add up to make a HUGE impact in the end.



Did you know that we could LITERALLY END OBESITY with 125 calories per day!? If everyone in the “obese” category simply eliminated 125 calories per day from their diet, the change over the course of the year would be staggering.  You must have patience in this journey, because although these small changes might be unnoticeable immediately, think where you could be 1, 5, or even 10-15 years down the road.

Going off track doesn't define you.  Staying off track does.  

So what small change will you make today to get you closer to your goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Leave me a note and tell me what you think! :)

Recent Posts