May 8, 2014

Feeling Zen?

Bad blogger of the year award, I know, I know!
I’m here still I promise, things have just gotten a little crazy around these parts with all of my various time commitments, and I haven’t had a chance to write any posts lately so I’m sorry!

I started a new round of the 21 day fix this past Monday (Round 3 for me); I’m hovering right around my all-time low weight right now, so I’m hoping this round will push me to a new number, and my lowest weight EVER as an adult! I’m growing stronger every day, using heavier weights, pushing for one more rep than last time, running faster than before, and I know it’s because the nutrition component is finally in check for me, something that I’ve always struggled with throughout this journey.  


It’s finally clicking for me this time, and I really think the nutrition plan that I follow with the 21 day fix is something I can do over the long term (with modifications for a few indulgences here and there of course!).  In general, the guidelines for the eating are so spot on, that I think I’ll even use this plan if and when I ever do get pregnant, because the idea of feeding my body with the healthiest food possible while growing another life inside me has always been super important to me!!

I have to admit that the idea of getting pregnant has terrified me when it comes to my weight; what if I become a statistic and gain 50+ pounds?? What if all my hard work these past few years has been for nothing?? With the 21 day fix, I’m FINALLY feeling in control.  I feel almost zen about

the whole thing…I know, it’s cheesy, but it’s true.  Before this program, I was stressed about counting calories…tracking every bite, breaking down my macros, eating at very specific times and specific combinations of food, and watching the scale stand still (or even worse, go up in some cases!)


Now, I know what the proper portion sizes SHOULD be, I feel more in control if I go out to eat, and I’m not pulling out my phone every time I take a bite of something to track what just went in my mouth!
It’s simplified this whole process for me, and I’m so grateful for it, because only good things can happen from here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Leave me a note and tell me what you think! :)

Recent Posts