Apr 1, 2014

Cutting the fat: April Goals and an IG Challenge

It’s a new month and it’s time for some new goals!
We all know the old saying:
April Showers bring May Flowers
Well here’s my version:
April (Sweat) Showers bring Summer Bodies!
It’s time to buckle down people, summer is just around the corner and if you don’t put the effort in now, you’ll find yourself suffering through another summer of hiding behind long pants and baggy clothes when you’d really love to be wearing short shorts or a bikini!



I mentioned on Friday that I purchased a body fat analyzer in an effort of focus on something other than the number on the scale.
I took my measurements and start weight on Monday since I’m starting another round of the 21 day fix, and after a little (OK a LOT of indulging) this past weekend, the scale was up as expected, but I was pretty surprised at how high my body fat actually was….I’ve never measured it before, but I thought I had a good amount of muscle, and it turns out I was pretty wrong.
An “average” body fat range for women is 25-31%:
 
Description
Women
Men
Essential fat
10–13%
2–5%
14–20%
6–13%
Fitness
21–24%
14–17%
Average
25–31%
18–24%
32%+
25%+

My number was 29.2% (YIKES!) Now don’t get me wrong, that’s still within the “average” range…but I would love to be on the low end of that average, or even better, in the “Fitness” category.  I know these hand held analyzers can be pretty far off, but I figure if I measure under the same conditions each time it should at least show my progress.
I’m pretty new to this, so I have no concept of how long it will take me to drop body fat percentage, but my goal number is 24%, a 5% reduction from where I am now.
I’m on day 2 of the 21 day fix, so that will help in the nutrition category for sure, and I’m supposed to get PUMP in the mail today, so I’ll start adding a few of those workouts each week to work on building more lean muscle.

So my ultimate goal this April? SWEAT. 


I challenge you to do the same.  30 minutes of sweat inducing exercise, for the next 30 days. 
Anyone can put in 30 minutes of work each day, no excuses, right? I don’t care what the exercise is, just do it, and earn your shower each day.
Use #30for30 on IG, and tag me in your posts so I can keep up with your progress!
Let’s do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Leave me a note and tell me what you think! :)

Recent Posts