Feb 3, 2014

The month from hell

Oh where to begin?
January was NOT a good month for me, all around.
I know I’ve alluded to crazy work stuff both here and on IG, but my month was literally just overwhelming.
I had a crazy deadline at work on January 31st, and because everyone basically took 2 weeks off over the holidays, the remaining time left to do the work was just not enough.  Enter Saturdays, Sundays, and ridiculously late nights.

Last Thursday, I went in at 8am and didn’t leave the office until Friday morning at 6:30am, when I went home to take a quick shower and a 30 minute nap, and head right back into the office, where I worked until about 9pm to finish out the deadline. 
Exhausting right?
 
Well throw in the mix the stomach bug I got in the middle of this, plus issues with Crohn’s flare ups (highly affected by stress, mind you), and oh yeah, did I mention I got a flat tire and my catalytic converter in my car is shot?  Yup, my 7 year old, 98k car is kicking the bucket a bit too prematurely, and I honestly don’t have the money to buy a new car right now so I’m praying I can make it last at least a few more months, but we’ll see (insert more stress here).  As if that weren’t enough, we looked at our taxes and it looks like we’re going to have to write a check to the government this year (who has money for that!?!?!) ARGH!
 
 

So…to say that these events have affected my health and fitness goals would likely be the understatement of the year.  The problem with me and stress is that I’m definitely an emotional eater; salad just doesn’t cut it for me when I’ve been working 12 hour days all month, and 14+ hour days for the last week.  Then the office starts buying food to compensate.  Muffins.  Donuts.  Bagels.  Pizza.  Chinese food.  (Do you see a trend here?)  I didn’t have the energy to exercise after about 2 weeks into this craziness, so pair my inactivity, sitting on my butt for literally the entire day, and nothing but donuts and pizza, and you can guess where this is going. 
 
The only reason I lost any weight at all in the month of January was because I got a stomach bug, but I promptly gained that all back plus some once I started eating normally again.
 
I am not looking forward to stepping on the scale.  I know my body is bigger and flabbier than I started January with, even though I don’t know the number, I know already it will be bad.  This week I’m really going to focus on getting back to my routine; catching up on some much needed sleep, drinking Shakeology daily, getting in at least 100oz of water, and counting my calories.  I am going to try to get back to a morning workout routine again too, but honestly it was just too much this morning.
 
I am ready to make February a better month than January was, no question.  My sleep patterns are still way off, and really I’m just exhausted still, so it’s hard to project when I’ll feel like myself again, but I do think that getting my diet in check will go a long way with that (the late night last night with the Superbowl didn’t help things there!)  I’ll be starting a new program in a few weeks that Beachbody is releasing TODAY (EEK, so excited!!!)…but I’ll tell you more about that tomorrow!
 
So..in short, I’m sorry for my absence last month, I’m really hoping I can do much better in February!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Leave me a note and tell me what you think! :)

Recent Posts