Feb 6, 2014

Random Thoughts of the Day

This week has been a struggle for me to get back on track.  Honestly I’m so damn tired still from the craziness of January, that it was really hard for me to just jump back in…morning workouts have been non-existent, but I did shovel through 2 different snow storms this week, so that counts for something, right?
 
I have my 21-day fix program arriving early next week, and since I know that’s coming, I’m having a hard time starting anything else, which I know is an awful mindset to have (well, I’ll just slack off until my new program arrives…)
 
I think I do so well with these different Beachbody programs in general because there’s a set schedule; I don’t have to think about it, I just look at the calendar they provide and do what I’m told.
When I’m left to my own devices, I have a hard time deciding what I want to do, and therefore I usually end up doing nothing.
 
Last night, my younger sister asked me to run a 5k with her…but not just any 5k, the Boston Strong 5k which will be 2 days before the Boston Marathon, and will cross the same finish line as the marathoners do days later.  What an incredible experience.  I’m so proud of my sister for starting back at running, and although she’s not sure she will be able to run the whole thing, this is such a personal run for her since she personally treated some of the wounded after the attacks last year as a nurse at Boston Children’s ICU.
 
I haven’t really run much at all these past few months, so this will be incentive for me to get back on track.  I want to try and do a St. Patrick’s day 5k as well, which is really only about a month away, and I’d like to work on my speed for this one…I was so close to breaking the 30 minute mark in my 5k time last year but never saw it come to fruition because I ended up running my last few 5ks of the year with friends and family whom I didn’t want to leave behind because I promised to run with them.
 
I’m really needing a plan to get me through this weekend, so I’m promising to run and/or walk every day this weekend (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday).  Hold me to it!
 
 
Total side note: if you're still interested in the 21-day fix and getting in my accountability group which starts March 3rd, shoot me an email at babebeforebaby@gmail.com.  The program was so popular that there is now limited availablity if you want to get it in time for the start of this group, so let me know asap if you want more info!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Leave me a note and tell me what you think! :)

Recent Posts