Jan 3, 2014

The truth hurts

Today is a terrible day.
I went back and forth as to whether to even write this post or not, but I figured I've always been honest with you, so why change that now.
The truth is I'm embarrassed.  I'm ashamed.  I'm disgusted.
And I'm even more upset that I let the scale determine how I was feeling today.
Yep, I did it...I stepped on the scale for the first time today in weeks.
And I full on ugly cried.
I can't believe how bad that number is.  I can't believe how awful I feel right now because of what I saw.
I can sit here and make excuses, and blame my Crohn's flare up and busy life, but the fact of the matter is I just let myself go in the month of December, and I've got a lot of work to do to undo that damage now.

I'm not ready to post my 2014 start weight yet.  I'm hopeful a few days of serious water drinking will at least bring me down a few pounds, but I'm warning you now it's not going to be pretty.


I'm telling you all of this so you know you're not alone.  I'm human.  I had a bad month.  But I'm not going to let it snowball into a bad year.  2014 is going to bring great things for me, and I just need to dig deep and find my motivation again.

Part of my renewed effort is a new dietbet I created, starting Monday....if you need the extra motivation like I do, I hope you'll join me!  Either use this link: http://diet.bt/1cpBj61, or simply search dietbet for the game titled "New Year, New You!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Leave me a note and tell me what you think! :)

Recent Posts