Jan 22, 2014

Real World Problems

I’m going on my 3rd straight work week of working until at least 8pm Monday through Friday.  I’ve worked the past 2 Saturdays as well, even when I was recovering from my stomach bug.
I am, in a word, exhausted.
 
I have a big deadline at the end of this month for work, and it’s slowly but surely sucking the life out of me.  I’m somehow managing to get in a 30 minute workout in the morning, but sitting on your butt for 12 straight hours does not do wonders for your weight loss efforts.  I’m not even taking lunch breaks, just working straight through and eating at my desk.  There’s a lot to be done, and not enough time to do it, so I’m doing the best with the time I’ve got.
 
This leaves me physically and emotionally exhausted, and in no mood to cook myself healthy meals at the end of such a long day.
In fact, all I really want to do is eat carbs and salt right now, but I’m fighting that urge as best I can (I think that’s the lack of sleep talking…).
 

 
I’m relying pretty heavily on frozen dinners this month…and while I generally have tried to stay away from them because of the processed foods/sodium thing, I still think they’re better than their fast food counterparts that would offer me drive-through convenience. 
 
I’m not eating the healthiest I can this month, but I am making an effort to track everything that goes into my mouth, even if I know it’s bad for me.  I’m trying to break the “I had this one little thing so my diet is blown might as well eat everything under the sun” mentality, and tracking is really helping me do that.  I had 2 cookies at work yesterday.  I logged them, and moved on. 
 
I’m trying to look at this as survival mode right now; I’ve got a week and half left, and after that, I’ll be able to get back to a more normal schedule and try to be a bit more active throughout the day.  Until then, I’m doing what I can to keep my momentum moving forward (or at least not moving backward!)
 
T minus 10 days and counting….
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Leave me a note and tell me what you think! :)

Recent Posts