Dec 16, 2013

The truth

The truth is, I’m struggling this month.

I’m in the midst of one of the worst Crohn’s flare-ups I’ve had in years, and I’m finding it very hard to do anything physically active.

I just don’t have the energy…I’m tired all the time, I just want to sleep, and when I am up and moving around, I’m nervous if I do anything more than walk I’ll “aggravate” my condition.


But I can walk.  And so I decided today that that’s exactly what I’m going to do.  Instead of making excuses and not feeling up to doing T25, I’m going to try to walk on my treadmill for at least a half hour each day.  I’m not feeling great, but it’s better than nothing.

As for my diet, well that’s touch and go.

I’m following a “Low residue” diet now per doctor’s orders, which pretty much means carb cycling right now is impossible.
I’m not worried about the scale right now, I’m worried about getting my intestines healed, and if that means I have to stick to eating non-fibrous foods and carbs for a while then so be it.

Life happens sometimes, and you have to re-evaluate your priorities.

Priority number one right now is getting healthy.

When that happens, I’ll refocus on weight loss.

I hate that I won’t be following along with my challenge group this month, but I’ll still be there to support them even though I’m not doing the workouts myself. 

Sometimes you just have to listen to your body, and right now, mine is telling me to slow down.

I’ll get back at in in no time I’m sure, I am stronger than this disease!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Leave me a note and tell me what you think! :)

Recent Posts