Dec 23, 2013

G's Story and Plans for the New Year

So I’ve tried to be pretty honest with the fact that December has been a bad month for me all around.

I’m not beating myself up about it, but I’m really amazed at how generally bad I feel right now…I can’t sleep at night, I have heartburn, my stomach has been a mess (obviously the Crohn’s has a lot to do with this), I’m tired all the time, I’ve had a massive headache for a week, and I have no energy.

This is what happens when I eat crap food and don’t exercise…it’s crazy how quickly it happens too!

I’m allowing myself to just let things be through the holidays, but come the New Year, I’m hitting it hard again, and it looks like I’ll have 5-10 pounds of holiday gain to work off on top of the rest of the weight I wanted to lose.

I’m starting a new T25 group on January 6th, and there’s still time to order and get yours in time to start the New Year off with a bang.
 
New Year's resolutions often fail because they’re such lofty goals or huge changes from our regular lifestyle that it’s too hard to maintain…T25 is only 25 minutes of exercise people! This is the PERFECT program if you’re trying to build good habits! I wanted to share an email with you that I received from one of my accountability groups...this woman is simply incredible and I'm so honored to have worked with her, I know she'll reach her goals in no time…here’s the story of “G”:

I have never been a skinny or heavy person; I am just in the middle which I would call an apple with 4 toothpicks that are my arms and legs. I'm short at 5"1 , and  I have three kids and a full-time job. Not too long ago I joined the 40's birthday club... I was told the older you get, the harder it is to lose weight. I was in denial. When I finally stepped on the scale, I had never seen this number; it was the highest weight since my pregnancies! So I decided to do something about it.

I heard about T25 and was curious. I knew I was tight with money, but I knew I had to do something for me to get healthy again and feel good again in my clothes.  I hated getting dressed in the morning and I would stare at my closest not knowing what to wear because almost all of them don't fit me.  So I saved some money aside and bought the T25 package with Shakelogy.  I knew this would fit my schedule because I am very busy during the weekdays with my kids but I can do 25 minutes! I did feel a little bad because it was expensive and I kept thinking this money I could use to pay my kids' needs, but I have always provided them everything and it's my turn to give me something.

On my first day of T25, I did not work out alone! My husband joined me as my buddy and supporter.  He is still working out with me today. One time we missed a workout because I was sick…. I felt so guilty for not working out that I made myself to do double workout the next day! OMG! Seriously? That told me I was serious about my commitment to this program.

That day before I started, I weighed in at 162 and now 10 weeks later, I weigh 147. I lost 15 pounds. I also lost 4 inches off on my waist, bust and hip. I have lost 2 dress sizes. I feel so much better in my clothes and I feel so great!

Now that I have completed the Alpha and Beta program and we are still working out with mixed workout. I continue to run 2 to 3 times a week and keep attending my Folklorico Group practice for two hour once a week.

So I have not reach my goal weight, 130, yet, but I only have 17lbs to go!
 
I’m so very proud of G and all the progress she made, and I hope her story encourages you to make a change too…I think the most powerful point in her email was this “I have always provided them everything, and it’s my turn to give ME something”!!

I LOVE this! Give yourself something this new year; put your health first!



2013 was my best year yet, and I’m committed to making 2014 even better, so who’s with me?

Email me at babebeforebaby@gmail.com if you’re interested in joining me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Leave me a note and tell me what you think! :)

Recent Posts