Jul 8, 2013

Getting back at it after a long weekend

If you’re anything like me, you just let your holi-DAY turn into a holi-WEEKEND…a 4 day weekend to be exact.  I had all intentions of splurging on Thursday, and getting right back at on Friday…but those intentions went out the window when I started snacking on Smartfood popcorn at 11am (that damn popcorn is the DEVIL I tell you!!)  I also struggled a little bit because I went to my dad’s lake house where there is NO cell or internet service.
(Beautiful but no contact with the real world!)

I missed checking in with IG and FB for motivation, and I couldn’t look up any calories on MFP to keep track (addicted much!?!).  So I just ate without logging.  And then I ate some more.

And then I did what I always do…well today is a bust anyways, might as well keep eating…

So Saturday I woke up with great intentions.  But it was so hot.  And I was feeling kindof crappy from all the food and alcohol.  And I was HUNGRY.  (Enough excuses for you??)  Looking back, I’m pretty sure that I just ate so much crap food that my body started craving it again, whereas before one cheat meal wouldn’t do that to me.  I ate like crap on Saturday….and then Sunday…well I figured I could just start fresh on Monday….

And so the avalanche begins. 

But this is where is stops. I cannot let one bad weekend derail my progress.  I did SO well last month, and I’m not about to let July go to waste.

I woke up early, went to Bootcamp (super hard when you’ve been eating crappy food all weekend!)
 

I’m going to do my best to make sure that this past weekend doesn’t define my week OR my month.

I’m going to do some meal planning today, and hit the grocery store after work tonight.  I really want to be in the 170s still come this Friday’s weigh-in, so I’m going to work hard to pay for these past 4 days of sin.

We have to remember that we’re not perfect.  We all fall down.  The key to this whole thing is getting back up.  Get back up just one more time than you fall, and you will be successful. 

So this is me, telling you to JUST DO IT.
Get back up with me.  No excuses.  You CAN and you WILL.

Tell me what you're going to do to stay on track and make sure this week is gonna rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Leave me a note and tell me what you think! :)

Recent Posts