May 13, 2013

Weekend Recap

On Saturday morning I ran a 5k…but not just any 5k, my FASTEST 5k EVER!  I admittedly started off way to fast; I have a problem with that when I start towards the front of the pack.  I burnt myself out by the end of the first mile, and my pace slowed down significantly, but I did hit the 1 mile mark at 9:10 according to the lady with the stop watch (SUB 10 min MILE!? HOW THE HELL DID I DO THAT!?!?).  Up until Saturday, my fastest 5k time was 33:02, and I honestly thought that was a fluke because I haven’t been able to duplicate that time.  Saturday I proved myself wrong when I crossed the finish line in just over 30 minutes.  I’m still waiting for the official results to be posted, but I recall seeing something around 30:30 when I ran through the chute…we shall see, but in any event I’m super proud of that HUGE PR!

 


If you follow me on instagram you know already that I took a nasty fall on Saturday night:

 


We went out for a late lunch/early dinner with some friends, and it started POURING while we were in the restaurant.  We had parked a good ways down the street, so we decided to make a run for it to get to the car faster.  I was wearing flip flops (and should have known better), and when I hit the crosswalk, my feet flew out from underneath me and I came down HARD on my right knee, twisted up my other knee, scraped up my foot, and managed to hurt my wrists too when I tried to break my fall, all in the middle of the street where cars were stopped for us at the crosswalk.  UGH.

Needless to say, when I tried to get my long training run in on Sunday, it didn’t go well.  My knee started hurting the second I started running, and after about a mile I decided it was best to just turn around and walk back home.  I wasn’t happy about it, but I figure it’s better to rest it than risk doing more damage, right?

 


Will my knee all banged up, I’m going to use this time to really focus on my diet.

This is my week.

I will get back on track.

I’ve planned out all 7 days of meals and snacks, and I’m going to stick to it.  Weight loss is 80% diet, so I really need to clean mine up, NOW!

I did all of my grocery shopping on Saturday, and spent some time yesterday prepping my fruits, hard boiled eggs, salads, and turkey muffins.

Here’s a snapshot of the excel doc I used for planning:

 

I’ve got a 12 mile training run this weekend, and although I’m pretty scared, I know that using good food to fuel my body this week will make a huge difference in the way I feel on Sunday.
 

I KNOW this will be a good week for me; what are you doing to make sure this week is good for you too?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Leave me a note and tell me what you think! :)

Recent Posts