Mar 5, 2013

Tone Em' Up Tuesday Link Up!


 
It's time for Tone Em' Up Tuesdays! I'll be linking up with Brandi every week to talk about what I'm doing to help my Short Shorts Initiative.  Link up with us and share your fitness posts! How are you gettting ready for summer? Do you have a goal outfit you want to wear? Share your stories with us! Copy and paste the code above to add the button to your posts as well.


Over the past few weeks I've posted some great moves to tone up your leg muscles so you can look hot in those short shorts.  Today, I'm actually going to focus on my overall exercise routine, because now that I'm training for a 1/2 marathon (EEK!!), I'm hoping the increased running/cardio will help burn that layer of fat down so those toned muscles show through.

I made myself a schedule through June, but today I'll share with you my March workout Calender.  It includes running 4 days a week, with cross training 2 days a week and specific leg/arm work outs 2 days a week.  I've always planned at least 1 rest day, but sometimes the cross training day will be a rest day too, depending on my schedule.  I've highlighted in yellow the road races that I might do this month, and the green numbers at the bottom of each day are for my 21 day challenge to clean up my diet.

My diet is the biggest challenge I face right now; I've only screwed up 1 of the 9 days I've made it through so far (Saturday's Chinese food debacle), but I figure I'm still doing much better than I was, so I'll take it! 

What does your workout schedule look like? Only 80 more days until Memorial Day weekend (the "unofficial" start to summer!!)


What are you doing to reach your goals this summer? Link up with me and Brandi every Tuesday and share your story too! (You must be a follower of both Babe Before Baby and Thin After Twins to participate!) Be sure to link the actual post, not your whole blog, so we can all get inspired!
  

2 comments:

  1. What a great calendar! what does (h/1) mean on Thursdays?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Windee! It's H/I for hills and/or intervals...the point is to do a shorter distance but build up those leg muscles to the point they're really sore for the next day, so however you can push yourself! I ran intervals on the treadmill today using 7.0 (I've never gone that high before!) so we'll see how I feel tomorrow!!

      Delete

I love comments! Leave me a note and tell me what you think! :)

Recent Posts