Dec 3, 2012

Thankful

I know this is a little late, given that we’re way past Thanksgiving by now, but I wanted to take a moment to express how very thankful I am for this little world I’ve discovered through blogging and Facebook groups.  I have met and become very close with an incredible group of women, all at different points in their weight loss journeys but all equally motivating to me as I go through my own.  Some of these women have lost incredible amounts of weight, like Alisha and Denise, and are living proof that if you stick with it, you WILL see results.  I know I’ve never met these women in real life, but I feel as if I know them.  I mean really know them, like they’ve been my best friends forever, and that they just GET me and all of the struggles I go through.  They challenge me to get my steps in every day, they motivate me to keep going when my weight loss stalls, and they cheer me on through every milestone that I achieve, even the minor ones.  Last night, I shared this photo with them from my Thanksgiving day race, and included the caption “who’s that fat girl running!?”:

 
Their responses almost brought me to tears.  One instantly replied, “you mean, who’s that FIT girl running!?”, and another then said (and I quote) “You look like a Nike Ad.  Like the strong girl who just happens to be beautiful too”.  I think that that is, by far, the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me (thank you Marcee!!), and it made me even more grateful to be a part of this amazing group of women.  I’m sure that I would have given up by now had it not been for them.  So thank you. Thank you for being part of my crazy life, for being a part of this sometimes crappy weight loss journey, for keeping me going when I want to quit, and for letting me a part of your journey as well.  Special shout out to my Heathers, and to Heather in particular because I wouldn’t be here now without you.

And now, I'll leave you with a little motivation for your Monday....
 

5 comments:

  1. Karri! I love you so much. You inspire me so much every single day. I'm so thankful to have found you, my soulmate. We have so freaking much in common and I love every single thing about you!

    Love,
    Heather
    The Business Bitch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're totally soulmates! :) I hope that when it comes time for me to be a mamma, I can be half as good as you! You inspire me in more ways than you know!

      Delete
  2. Karri! I love this post! Your picture is so awesome! I think we should all post race pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karri, you DO look amazing and strong and beautiful!!! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get it girl! I love that running picture of you. I'm in the middle of C25K so one day I hope to have one similar to yours!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Leave me a note and tell me what you think! :)

Recent Posts