Dec 28, 2012

Fat Sick and Nearly Dead

SOOO I haven’t exactly been doing well the month of December.  Like at all.  Like I’ve fallen so far off the wagon that I’m having a hard time finding it again. 

Why? I don’t know for sure, probably because it’s so much easier to be fat and lazy than it is to be healthy and active.  I know that I’m moving backwards now instead of forward, but I just can’t seem to make myself snap out of it.  This week has been a doozy on top of it; my hubs got hit with a nasty stomach flu that left him useless all day Sunday and most of Christmas Eve as well, and then Christmas was sort of stressful and I may or may not have drank 2308953 bottles of wine and puked my brains out all night L (Stay classy Karri, stay classy).  Wednesday I felt like such crap from my drinking that all I wanted was fatty greasy food.  I went back to work yesterday and was met with everyone’s Christmas leftovers, and now here we are today with another half day of crappy eating under my belt.  I’m too tired to go grocery shopping.  My head is pounding.  My jeans are tight.  I am UNDOING ALL OF MY HARD WORK.  On Wednesday night I decided I should watch Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead on Netflix to try and motivate me to get back on it.  It was a decent documentary, and it was pretty amazing to watch Joe’s transformation.  I was even inspired to try juicing myself, well that is until I made myself a green monster the next morning with waaay to much green and not enough fruit, and it was so nasty I nearly vomited it back up.  Needless to say I didn’t finish that drink.  And end motivation here. 

I know I’ll snap out of this funk…I just can’t see how right now.  I think my subconscious is stuck on the “we’ll hit it hard in the New Year” mentality, which has gotten me in so much trouble in the past.  I’m starting a round of Insanity on Monday with a group of girls so I’ll have some accountability, and I'm thinking about going to bootcamp tomorrow….but honestly I’m a little scared that I’ve ruined my endurance and I won’t be able to make it through a class!! I will promise to get in some form of exercise tomorrow, even if it’s just a run.  Baby steps, right? Now if this damn headache would just go away!

One last thing…don’t forget to vote for my blog daily for the “Best Health Blog of 2012 Contest”.  You can vote once per day for as many blogs as you want, and you can do it with both Facebook and Twitter accounts (2 votes for the same blog!)

Thanks so much for your support, I’ve somehow managed to make it into the top ten!!  Have a great weekend!
 
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I gained 4 pounds over the past week, so I know how you feel!

    I watched Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead and I went out and bought a juicer that weekend. I love it. Keep experimenting with juicing - you'll find things you love and learn to love the green stuff, I promise. Start with fruits and slowly add in veggies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karri, you'll be out of the funk in no time! You are such a motivated and positive person you probably just needed a little break from it all, and that's okay. It's just a break :) I have yet to talk to anyone who has lost a significant amount of weight who did not take some breaks. I tried using too much "green" in the Green Monster too - some is good, so more is better right? ;) I agree with Alicia Curley, more fruit and you will learn to love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Leave me a note and tell me what you think! :)

Recent Posts