Nov 16, 2012

I did it

Boom!
5 motha effin' miles baby!  I did it! And I feel awesome! Well, I feel sore, but I feel really awesome anyways! I'm a teeny tiny bit concerned right now because around mile 3.5 my right heel/achilies tendon started to get sore.  Scratch that, it started to hurt.  Like shooting pains hurt.  But I was so close to my 5 mile goal I didn't want to stop, so I just kept going.  And now that it's a few hours after my run, it still hurts, just sitting here.  That scares me a bit.  I'm going to look up some stretches today to see if that helps, so here's hoping I didn't just ruin my chances of running the Manchester Road Race on Thanksgiving!

I am headed up to Boston tomorrow night for my younger sister's housewarming party.  I'll probably drink too much, eat like crap, and have a great time.  And I'm not going to stress about it.  Life can't be put on hold while I get healthy, it's a process that happens at the same time, one day at a time, one foot in front of the other.  I'm not going to beat myself up about it, but I'm going to plan my days accordingly to keep the rest of my weekend in check. 

What's going on this weekend for you? Hope you have some fun stuff planned!

3 comments:

  1. Yay for the 5 miles!!!!!
    Enjoy yourself at your sister while your heel heals... hope it gets better ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job on the 5 miles. Hope your foot feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on the 5 miles! I hit an all time high of 4 last Saturday- and I am hoping for 4.5 tomorrow because I signed up for a 5 miler on Thanksgiving day! I hope I am as sucessful as you are!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Leave me a note and tell me what you think! :)

Recent Posts