Oct 8, 2012

Manic Mondays: Weekend Recap


Good morning lovelies! I hope you all had a good weekend! Mine was boring, but busy at the same time.  I had made a commitment to cook all 3 weekend dinners at home this time around, since I’m pretty sure that all our eating out is my biggest issue when it comes to seeing the scale move.  I usually make good choices when I go out by ordering salads and grilled chicken, but you really never can be too sure when it comes to the calorie estimate, and ultimately it’s calories in, calories out, right?

My mini-challenge went well, (see images below for dinner from Fri and Sat).
I was exhausted last night so I did leftovers from Saturday, but that’s still better than eating out!

Saturday was a big day for me…I’ve been kicking around the idea of going back to bootcamp, the same one I went to 2-3 times a week when getting in shape for my wedding.  I’ve been terrified to go back, mostly because I know how far I’ve let myself slip and I was afraid I wouldn’t be able to keep up.  Lucky for me they started doing a weekly “Beginner Bootcamp”, so I figured that was a great place to start.  An hour later I was ready to die, and 2 days later I still can’t sit on a toilet seat without yelping in pain, but it felt awesome to be back, and I don’t intend on stopping this time!  I spent the rest of the day Saturday cleaning the heck out of my house, then hubs got home from work (Yes he occasionally works Saturdays) so I cooked us dinner, then we went to see a movie (NSV here…I didn’t have ANY popcorn! I can’t remember the last time I went to a movie and didn’t eat a ridiculous amount of popcorn, so this is a proud moment).  We saw Trouble with the Curve; I really liked it and I LOVE me some JT, so it was a good night. 
 
Sunday I was up early thinking about going for a run before my morning shift at the Diner I waitress at, but my legs were so sore I couldn’t do it.  The restaurant was SUPER busy, there was some crazy soccer tournament in town so every freakin’ kid in the tri-state area and his/her angry soccer mom came in at the same time.  Needless to say it was an exhausting day, so I was ready to call it my rest day and be done with it.  But then I got home, checked in with my awesome FB group, and all those ladies were kickin some major ass all weekend, so I decided to push through and hopped on my stationary bike.  I turned on a DVR’d episode of Parenthood, and before I knew it I had done 50 minutes on the bike!  The rest of the day was boring, I grocery shopped, made/heated up dinner, and did some laundry.. and I also cleaned out my closet. 
 
I’ve got a few size 18s that I reluctantly bought last fall because I got so huge I couldn’t fit into any of my pants.  Those 18s are officially falling off me now, to the point where they just look awful if I wear them, so I decided to purge them and any other “fat” clothes I had out of my closet for good.  No hanging on “just in case” anymore, they’re out of my life and I’m never going back! I have some old 14s that I tried on last night, most of which fit me very well, but there are a few that are a little tight on my thighs, so those will hang out in the front for motivation.  It’s weird how sizes vary; I have a few size 12s that I can fit into now (those were my “skinny” jeans that I managed to squeeze into on my birthday), so it’s hard to gauge exactly where I’m at.  I may end up taking measurements on Wednesday as part of my weigh in if I have time, but we’ll see.

How did your weekend go? Any proud moments to report?
xoxo
-K

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Leave me a note and tell me what you think! :)

Recent Posts