Aug 29, 2012

The plan


Ok so since my post last week, I haven’t been very good about my diet. Why, you ask? Because I haven’t been tracking my food.  I’m a firm believer that keeping track of everything you put in your mouth helps you lose weight.

I’m getting back into using an IPhone app called “My Fitness Pal”

Have you used it? It’s pretty awesome, you can track calories by doing a quick input, can look up food, store recipes, and it saves the food you use the most.  You can set daily calorie goals for yourself (mine is set to 1200 per day), and you can even input exercise, so it keeps track of your “net” calories (like if I walk for 30 mins and burn 200 calories, I can eat 1400 calories that day!)  I don’t like to think about it like that (if I go for a run, I can eat that extra cookie), but it is nice to think about having a little more wiggle room in my diet.  I also think that it’s more realistic to allow some extra calories, since 1200 a day every day is pretty hard to stick to.

My FAVORITE part about this app, is that when you click the “done tracking for the day” button, it projects out your weight loss over the next 5 weeks by saying “If every day were like today, you’d weigh XXX LBs in 5 weeks”  It’s like a little contest for me to see how low I can get that number to read every day J  Yesterday when I tracked, it told me in 5 weeks I could weigh 199…if that’s not motivation I don’t know what is! I can’t wait to get the hell out of the 200s and NEVER see them again!  I've decided to make my weekly weigh in days Fridays, so we'll see how the next few days go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Leave me a note and tell me what you think! :)

Recent Posts