Aug 27, 2012

Confessions of a fat girl: I hide what I eat

No, I don’t mean I have food stashed under my bed or anything, I’m not totally batshit crazy so give me a little bit of credit here, but I have this bad habit, if I’m out running errands or grocery shopping alone or something, that I’ll buy a candy bar or something equally disgusting for me to eat in the car on the way home.  Why in the car? Because I’m ashamed to be eating something so obviously bad for me, that I don’t want to do it in front of any witnesses, especially my husband.  I know we all have our vices, but I think it’s sort of like me hiding an addiction, like if I didn’t want anyone to know I smoke because it’s so obviously bad for you, so I snuck one in on a car ride so there would be no witnesses (this is not the case, I’m just using an example here so you can see the severity of my problem).  I know what you’re thinking; this fatty needs to learn to say no, no wonder she’s obese.  But I beg you to not pass judgment here; this is not an everyday occurrence, not even a once a week occurrence, but I did do it last night, and it made me realize that I have a problem.  I’m not asking for sympathy here, I’m just stating the obvious out loud, like they do at AA…Hello, my name is Miss K, and I’m addicted to bad food.  Like all addictions, I’m not sure what the best way to quit is, but cold turkey seems to be the obvious…an alcoholic can’t have the occasional drink, and I can’t have the occasional candy bar.  So there it is, no more bad food….if only I could be addicted to carrot sticks….

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Leave me a note and tell me what you think! :)

Recent Posts